The Guitar Monitor is a Max for Live Device where you can monitor and visualize the Notes on the Guitar Fretboard in Standard Tuning.
There are diverent Views of the Fretboard, to show, the scale, all Notes of a Chord, or even a Chord Shape.
- shows the basic Chords of the selected Scale
- visualisation on the Fretboard, of the Scales, the Chords and Chordshapes
- Monitor incomming Midi Notes
- make different Chord Shapes visible
- Select Notes on the Fretboard to visualize them on a Pianokeyboard.
- visualize Scales, Chords and Custom Notes on the Fretboard.
- mapable via Midi Controller to select a Chord within a given Scale and to select the Chord Shape
On the top left side you can set the Scale and the root Note. The set scale, in this case “C Major Scale” will show all Notes on the Fretboard.
In the Chord View you can select a chord from the Chord Table beside the scale setting. Here are basic chords listed and you can scoll thru them.
Chord Shape View
While the Chord View shows all the Notes of the selected Chord on the Fretboard, the Chord Shape view shows the Chord the most possible shapes on the Fretboard. You can use the slider under the Fretboard, to scroll through all the possible shapes of the selected Chord.
The Notes in the selected Shape are also visible on the Piano Keyboard.
Manual Note selection
It’s also possible to select Notes on the Fretboard manually to show them on the Piano Keyboard.
You can connect also your Keyboard and the incoming Midi notes will be displayed on the Fretboard.
|with Max Version
|not testet with Live 9 yet. Could work with Live 9 & Max 8.2